CANCER FIGHTING RECIPE: SUPER FOOD
WITH TUALANG HONEY
Tualang Honey Cinnamon Rollups
2 cups ground Walnuts, toasted
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
12 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup Tualang Honey
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon.
Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a 15×12-in. piece of waxed paper; brush with butter. Place a second phyllo sheet on top, brushing it with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Sprinkle with 1/4 cup walnut mixture. Using waxed paper, roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side, removing paper as you roll. Slice roll into 4 smaller rolls; transfer rolls to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and 1/4 cupfuls of walnut mixture. Bake until light brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool dish on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine all syrup ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Drizzle cinnamon rolls with syrup; sprinkle with remaining walnut mixture.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Super Food Mango Pie
Yield: One 9-inch pie
Preparation time: 25 minutes
¾ cup 100% organic certified gluten-free whole oats
¼ cup organic flax seed
¼ cup untoasted almonds
¼ cup untoasted hazelnuts OR macadamia nuts
2 tablespoons organic raw Tualang Honey
2 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil
1/8 teaspoon pink or sea salt
- Blend all the ingredients except coconut oil and tualang honey in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add coconut oil and honey and pulse blend until it forms into a loose ball.
- In a glass or ceramic pie plate, press the ball of dough into the plate or roll out with a rolling pin and place in the pie plate pinching the edges as you would with a regular pie crust. Put in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- 3 medium organic mangoes peeled and center pit removed
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 3 tablespoons black chia seed
- ½ cup fresh organic raspberries (black or red or both)
- 2 ripe organic bananas
- 1 tablespoon organic Tualang Honey
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed coconut oil
Spices and Garnish:
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup untoasted pecans (whole or broken in pieces)
- 1 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- In a food processor, pulse bananas, ¼ cup mango, goji berries, ¼ cup of raspberries, ¼ cup of the lemon juice, chia, coconut oil, and raw Tualang honey until chunky or smooth according to your preference.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust, levelling it with a spatula.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces on top of this layer.
- Slice remaining mango and drizzle with lemon juice. Layer the slices aesthetically on top of the filling around the pie. Add the remaining raspberries and pecans and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Place in the refrigerator to firm up and meld the flavours.
- Remove pie from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving and slice into eight or ten pieces. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!